Quit Your Way: Smoking Cessation in Wolverhampton
We all know smoking is very harmful to our health but giving up can be hard. But you too can stop smoking with Mayfield Pharmacy’s Smoking Cessation in Wolverhampton.
Smoking rates are dropping faster than ever and not smoking is the social norm. However, there are still more than 7 million adults who smoke in the UK.
Why giving up smoking is difficult?
Even people who really want to quit can find it hard. That’s because the nicotine found in tobacco is very addictive and creates withdrawal symptoms and cravings. And it’s the withdrawal from the nicotine that makes quitting smoking hard. Common withdrawal symptoms include:
- Urge to smoke
- Weight gain
- Concentration problems
Tips to help you quit smoking:
- Get support from friends by asking them to smoke around you.
- Don’t replace cigarettes with food – go for a five-minute walk instead of your cigarette break to reduce your cravings.
- Save the money you would have spent on cigarettes in a jar so you can see your progress.
- Stay positive – every day without a cigarette is a good thing.
- E-cigarettes may help to quit smoking but are not a risk-free alternative.
- You can also use different therapies to help you quit such as hypnotherapy, acupuncture, or counselling. Find what works for you.
How Mayfield Pharmacy’s Stop Smoking Service can help
Our pharmacists are accredited Stop Smoking advisors and can give you counselling about stopping smoking. Plus we can issue you with the appropriate anti-smoking products from the pharmacy.
The anti-smoking products we can provide include nicotine replacement patches, chewing gum, and nasal sprays.
Giving up cigarettes is one of the best things to do for your health. Mayfield Pharmacy is here to help you quit smoking for good.
Contact us to book an appointment for our Smoking Cessation in Wolverhampton with Mayfield Pharmacy!